Microsoft hat eine neue Preview-Build für alle Windows 10-Insider im Fast Ring angekündigt, welche jene binnen der kommenden Tage erreichen sollte. Allem voran wird Cortana in der neuen Version nun endgültig aus der Suchleiste der Taskbar herausgelöst. Dadurch möchte das Unternehmen sicherstellen, dass beide Features individuell weiterentwickelt werden können, ohne dass die eine Funktion die andere beeinflusst.
Laut Microsoft konnten bereits ein paar wenige Insider schon vor Build 18317 auf diese Änderung setzen und haben ihrerseits für allerlei Feedback diesbezüglich gesorgt, das nun im neuen Build Anwendung finden konnte.
Des Weiteren wurde nun auch das Startverhalten des Systems, als auch das Schriftarten-Management von Windows verbessert. Die vollständige Liste aller Änderungen, Neuerungen und bekannten Fehler findet ihr hier:
Windows 10 Insider Preview 18317
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in File Explorer unexpectedly having a lock on USBs when trying to safely eject them.
- We fixed an issue resulting in frequent bugchecks (GSODs) in the last two flights, citing an error with bindflt.sys.
- We fixed an issue resulting in frequent bugchecks (GSODs) in the last flight, citing error KERNEL_LOCK_ENTRY_LEAKED_ON_THREAD_TERMINATION.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to connect to VMs using Hyper-V console after upgrading to recent flights. This issue also impeded the ability to connect to VMs with Enhanced Sessions enabled.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some full screen games showing a black screen in recent flights even though they worked in windowed mode.
- We fixed an issue resulting in CDP User Service periodically unexpectedly using a high amount of CPU in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue causing text in the Windows Security app to be incorrect or potentially missing altogether.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where clicking the network button on the sign-in screen didn’t work.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain devices not being able to wake from hibernation recently. There were two possible symptoms on wake if you were impacted – one was a black screen, one was a screen that continued to say “hibernating…”.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Display Settings crashing in recent builds. If you were impacted, this would have also had the symptom that clicking System or Ease of Access from the main Settings page may crash Settings.
- We fixed an issue with certain touch keyboard languages where pressing AltGr + [any key] on the full layout would dismiss the touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where Windows Sandbox wouldn’t launch on PCs with multiple GPUs.
- When Scan Mode is on and Narrator is on a slider, the left and right arrows will decrease and increase the slider. Up and down arrows will continue to navigate to the previous or next paragraph or item. Home and End will move the slider to the beginning or the end.
- The Narrator list of headings command now works as expected in Chrome.
- We improved Narrator support for Microsoft Teams.
For cursor and pointer, fixed returning to the right mouse pointers when changing back to the original size and colors.
- We fixed an issue where some devices would fail to install an update with error code If you are updating from 18309 or newer this issue will be fixed for this update, if you are updating from a build prior to 18309 it will be fixed for the next update.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) will not work on the build and likely cause a bugcheck (GSOD). If you require WSL to work, please pause taking flights until the issue is fixed.
- The Windows Security app may show an unknown status for the Virus & threat protection area, or not refresh properly. This may occur after upgrade, restart, or settings changes.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Clicking your account in Cortana Permissions doesn’t bringing up the UI to sign out from Cortana (if you were already signed in) for some users in this build.
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- When attempting to update this build some S Mode devices will download and restart but fail the update.
- Night light functionality is impacted by a bug in this build. We’re working on a fix, and it will be included in an upcoming build.
- When you open Action Center the quick actions section may be missing.
- Windows feature update may fail but show up as a successful update in Windows Update history page. If this happens you will see more than one successful install for the same update in the history page.
- When performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled the user will need to initiate an extra reboot to ensure Reserved Storage is working again properly.
- There is an issue impacting a small number of users enrolled in Microsoft Intune where they may not receive policies. Those policies are not applied and left in a “pending“ state on the server. The workaround is to go to Settings/Accounts/Access work or school and “Disconnect” your Azure AD account and then re-enroll.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Update Orchestrator Service stops working periodically. A fix will be included in an upcoming build. As a result of this issue, you may see an error on Windows Update Settings saying that the update failed to restart. If you see this, restarting using the power menu in Start (“Update and restart”) should work, although there’s a chance that it won’t.
- Closing the lid to a laptop and re-opening can cause icons in the task bar to appear blank. To fix this open task manager and restart explorer.exe or reboot.
- If you download a theme from Microsoft Store, it won’t appear in Themes Settings.
Known issues for Developers
If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.